This is a solicitation for contract services to support the international Board of Directors of The Warmshowers.org Foundation, a charitable, non-profit organization in the United States with world-wide membership. The mission of the organization is to offer hospitality exchange between touring cyclists and volunteer hosts in a safe manner through its website, mobile applications, and facebook page.
● Love of Touring Cycling and active in the Cycling Community
● Mission Focus to deliver hospitality to guests and hosts in touring cycling community world wide
● Strategy & Collaboration
● Commitment to inclusion of members from across the globe
● Support the Board of Directors in achieving short-term priorities and longer-term strategic objectives.
● Manage priorities and implementation of website upgrades and features and the mobile applications.
● Develop and document policies and procedures that support evergreen operation of organization.
● Recruit and manage volunteers, ensuring objectives are achieved and procedures are followed.
● Help to create community through the writing of newsletters, monitor & contribute to website forums & facebook page, maintain standards of the community by removing inappropriate content.
● With board support, mediate conflict and maintain a positive, community focus for the organization.
● Oversee website maintenance; ensure donation, email, registration and other website functions work with support of web developer.
● Report on objectives created by the board through written reports and present at board meetings.
● Assist with program development and identify methods and tools to meet board objectives.
● Liaises with other cycling organizations.
• Prior experience working with non-profit /charitable organizations, preferably as a member of a Board and/or at a senior volunteer or staff level.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including through social media channels.
• Ability to manage volunteers.
• Experience managing information technology on platforms including Drupal, iOS, Google, Android.
The initial period of service will cover September 1st, 2016 to February 29th, 2017, with option to renew. The expected level of commitment is 20-30 hrs/week at an hourly rate of $35.00 to $50.00 per hour depending on experience.
Respond with a resume and cover letter by June 15, 2016 with Subject line "Executive Director" to Board@Warmshowers.org